Sometimes things don’t work the way that they should with software. Here are some common issues experienced by Influencers and suggestions to prevent them from happening again:
- When a coupon code doesn't work
- When a brand asks for inappropriate action
- When a task verification is removed
When The Coupon Code Provided Doesn't Work
If the coupon code provided by the Brand doesn’t work, follow these steps:
1. Take a Screenshot of the Full Order Page
Take a screenshot of the full order page - make sure to include the item being purchased, the shipping dates, and the coupon code error message. TIP: when purchasing on Amazon, make sure you go through the “place order” section to show all the details as shown:
2. Message Brand Via Tomoson Message Center
Send a message via Tomoson Message Center to the Brand and include the screenshot. Be professional and describe the issue in detail. Include a specific request in your email - do you want a new coupon code? Do you want to be removed from the campaign? Need an extension on your completion time? The following text is suggested when messaging brands:
- Hello [Brand Name], the coupon code provided for Campaign #Cxxxxx has expired - see attached screenshot. Please send me a new coupon code and extend my review completion time. Thank you.
- Hello [Brand Name], the coupon code provided for Campaign #Cxxxxx does not provide the product for free as listed in the campaign - see attached screenshot. Please provide a new coupon code for 100% off or remove me from this campaign. Thank you.
3. Give Brands 72 Hours to Respond
Give the Brand enough time to respond. Remember, they are just as busy as you are :) If the Brand does not respond within 3 business days, send a message to Tomoson Support fully describing the situation including the fact that the Brand has not responded and include your screenshot. Sample request to send to Tomoson Support:
- Hello Support, please remove me from campaign #Cxxxxx. The coupon code I received was not valid. I messaged the Brand and they have not responded within the 3 business day period. The screenshot of my attempted purchase is attached. Thank you.
Things You Can Do to Prevent The Issue
- For best results, always use coupon codes within 24 hours of upload to ensure they are valid.
- Check to make sure any product options are correctly selected - examples: the campaign is for white queen size sheets but the order was being placed for blue queen size sheets because blue is your favorite color. In cases like this, selecting the correct product option normally resolves the coupon code issue.
When Brand Asks For Inappropriate Action
Examples of Inappropriate Requests
- Working outside of Tomoson for reviews, payment, or reviews on sites that don’t allow reviews in exchange for a product, etc
- Requesting personal information (email, PayPal, address, etc.)
- Requesting posts without hiring on Tomoson
- Requesting communication outside of Tomoson’s platform
To keep your account in good standing, we suggest not responding to these types of messages and reporting the Brand using the Report feature. Remember: Tomoson Support can only assist with issues within our software, so it is best to only communicate with Brands using the Tomoson message center.
Things You Can Do to Prevent The Issue
- Report the Brand using the report feature
- Block the Brand so you don’t continue to get messages or campaign invites from them. You can block the brand via their Brand Profile or the Tomoson Message center as seen on the images below
When Task Verification Is Removed
Tomoson’s Quality Assurance Team randomly checks posts that are verified and removes invalid verifications. When an invalid verification is removed, an email is sent explaining what was wrong with the post so it can be fixed.
Things You Can Do to Prevent Verification Removal
Make sure your posts:
- Include a picture of the product you have taken - the best pictures show the product being used.
- Include a clever text or comment that describes the product, how you used the product, or what you liked about the product. Posting ‘great product’ or similar statement is not a valid product review.
- Include the product URL so your readers can learn more or purchase the product if they want.
- Are public for at least 60 days.
Please check out this blog post for more information on improving your posts Good and Bad Examples of Social Content