The Link Rotator Is a URL Shortener with Superpowers
- Use it to shorten one URL or rotate clicks between multiple URLs
- Use the Link Rotator WITH or WITHOUT Tomoson campaigns
- Customize Your URL (kson.io/BUY-NOW), or keep it random (kson.io/ASDMFZHJKN).
- Change where your short URL links to even after you create it. This is not possible with platforms like goo.gl, which lock editing capabilities after you create it.
How The Link Rotator Works
The link rotator is a single shortened URL which can send anyone who clicks on it to different web pages automatically. For example, if I wanted to send someone to www.houzz.com/url1 or www.houzz.com/url2 but I didn't want to distribute multiple URLs. I could use the link rotator to make one short URL and send 50% of the traffic to /URL1 and the other 50% to /URL2. Link Rotators can be used on Tomoson.com campaigns or any other website on the internet.
Creating A New Link Rotator
Creating a new link rotator can be done from your link rotator dashboard. Simply click on the green + icon in the upper right and add your destination URLs.
After clicking create new link, a new window will appear to enter your destination URLs and weights. After you save it a new short URL will be created to place wherever you see fit.
How To Use The Link Rotator In A Tomoson Campaign
When creating a campaign on Tomoson you're able to associate a link rotator to any campaign. You can either select an existing URL or create a new one on the spot by clicking "rotate multiple URLs". IMPORTANT: if you're editing a link rotator that's attached to an existing campaign. The changes will need to be reviewed by an admin to confirm they don't negatively affect influencers from the previous campaigns. While the edits are being reviewed the rotator remain active in its previous state, so you don't need to worry about it not working.
After selecting rotate multiple URLs from the drop-down this popup will appear to help you select or create a new rotator.
Other Ways To Use The Link Rotator
There are literally infinite options on how you can use the link rotator. Here are some examples we've seen.
- Landing Pages: A brand has used the Link Rotator on a landing page. The software they were using only allowed one URL to be placed after a success message, but they wanted to send the customer to multiple locations. Dropping in a Link Rotator short URL gave them the flexibility to direct a certain amount of traffic to different URLs.
- Goal Tracking: We've seen a brand use the link rotator in a marketing campaign for two different product colors. They wanted to see if they had the exact same ad but when the customer clicked on the ad 50% went to blue and the other went to red. Which product would sell better based on that one ad.
- Inventory Management: A brand was getting low on a certain product and they didn't want traffic to be cut off from the site totally. They used the rotator to change the weight of the destination URL so it only sent 10% of the traffic to the product with the low inventory and the remaining 90% of the traffic to another page. As soon as the product was back in stock they changed the weights back and instantly the traffic started following back to that product.
All link rotators can track clicks and be filtered by specific dates.
Brand Your Short URL By Customizing It
A lot of brands want to customize their short URL so it looks good. For example, Nike would like their short URL to look like this www.kson.io/Nike . Customizing a URL is fast, after you create a Link Rotator click edit and update the end of the URL. Use the "check" link to test and see if the URL is already taken.
Testing A Link Rotator
If you don't want to affect your click count, use the test icon. Clicking it will not add anything to your click count and you can see how your short URL rotates through multiple destination URLs.
Removing Link Rotators
If you're looking to remove a Link Rotator from your dashboard, click on edit then deactivate it. The short URL will be removed from your Link Rotator Dashboard. If you want to reactivate it click on the deactivated links icon and select the rotator you want to put back on your dashboard.
Disconnecting Linked Campaigns
If you ever want to disconnect a Link Rotator from one of your campaigns. Click on the campaign Id under linked campaigns and select disconnect. After it's disconnected we will associate the destination URL which had the most weight with that campaign. This will ensure all your influencers will not be affected.