Tomoson is a wonderful way to get more exposure for your product. Our influencers are diverse and always looking for unique products to promote. However, we offer three main categories for products on our site that influencers can look through.
Paid is the section where influencers can receive money and the product in exchange for promoting a product on their blog or other social media account. Freebies allows influencers to get the product for free in exchange for their work. Deals simply allow influencers to receive the product at a highly discounted price for their work.
Wonderful. But what section is best for my product? Calm down, I’m getting there.
If you really want to use influencer marketing to its highest advantage, you should consider paying influencers. Influencers with a higher reach will be looking to be compensated for their work. We ran a study that showed businesses generate $6.50 for every $1 spent on influencer marketing. That’s an amazing investment!
Deciding how much is a good amount to pay an influencer should be determined by their total reach.
Influencers have worked hard to build their online following of people who trust them and their opinions. When they work with you, you’re getting exposure to lots of people who will listen to what this influencer has to say.
You also have the ability to choose what platforms you’d like influencers to consider promoting your product on. When creating your campaign you simply select what works best for you as seen below.
Really want to see your product on Twitter? No problem, click the green circle.
You want to see your product on YouTube but you’d like to specify how long of a video you’d appreciate? No problem, click the green circle and elaborate in our Special Instructions section.
Freebies and Deals
If your main goal using Tomoson is to increase your product organic sales or to use Micro Influencers across social media, you'll want to create a Freebie or a Deal.
Using the Freebie or Deal section still allows you to request that influencers promote your product on blogs/social media.
Of course their are exceptions to every rule, but these are some basic guidelines for you to consider.
Guidelines for Freebies
- A good rule of thumb to follow is if your product is $20 or less, put it in the freebies.
- It also doesn’t hurt to see if a product similar to yours has a campaign already. If a very similar product is being offered for free while you ask for $10, influencers are going to be much more interested in the free product.
- If you’re looking for a lot of blog/social media promotion you want to consider at least putting your product as a freebie. Influencers work hard to gain the follow that they do. It isn’t easy.
Guidelines for Deals
- If you’re looking for reviewers to leave a disclaimer that they received it at a highly discounted price instead of free, but you think you mostly should fall under the freebie category, consider making the deal for $0.99 or less.
- Deals should be pretty heavily discounted. Influencers aren’t looking to shop. We suggest an 80 percent discount at least, but again there are always exceptions.
What is a Reimbursement?
In some cases, you may want your Micro Influencer to buy the product with their own money and reimburse them for this payment. In such cases the funds are held until they have verified the purchase of the product and then are repaid the money they spent.